In July of 1973, while serving as an enlisted man and Russian linguist for the U.S. Army in Berlin, Germany, Eugene Swain was offered and accepted a clerk's position at the Post Legal Office. The position was Gene's first contact with lawyers and the law and the catalyst for his legal education and career. Gene left the Army in 1975 to attend law school and has been a trial attorney since his graduation from the University of Georgia School of Law in December, 1977.
Gene's passion in the law has always been to help people injured by others. He began practicing in a small law practice in Columbus, Georgia, and then moved to Atlanta. Gene was born and raised in Connecticut and returned to his home state in 1982. For 12 years he represented injured parties while practicing in New London. He joined RisCassi & Davis in 1994.
Gene's trial skills, understanding of his client's needs and his ability to grasp the "big picture" have underscored his legal career. His genuine "southern" charm has endeared him to his clients. Gene has successfully prosecuted and resolved numerous negligence cases ranging from motor vehicle collisions to complex product liability and medical malpractice cases. Among Gene's trial accomplishments was a $10 million medical malpractice verdict rendered in 1991 in New London. At the time, this was the largest medical malpractice verdict in the state.
Since returning to Connecticut, Gene has been actively involved in numerous professional organizations. He was President of the New London County Bar Association in 1995 and later served as President of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. He has lectured to the national trial lawyers association and extensively for the statewide trial lawyers association.
Gene is admitted to both the Connecticut and Rhode Island State and Federal District Court Bars.
- $2,000,000 Settlement - Workplace Injury - Slip & fall on icy stairs
- $900,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Woman suffers injury due to rear end collision
- $1,000,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice - Medical negligence
- 11/06/2013 | RisCassi & Davis - Tier 1 Ranking in 2014 Edition of U.S. News - Best Lawyers' "Best Law Firms"
- 08/19/2013 | Exciting Announcement: Nine of Our Attorneys Selected for 2014 The Best Lawyers in America
- 07/22/2013 | RisCassi & Davis representing victim of C-Town delivery driver