Most adults in America probably assume New Year's Eve or the Fourth of July are the most dangerous holidays for driving. Fact is – most years the Thanksgiving holiday is the most dangerous. Over 800 people are expected to lose their lives in car accidents during this holiday this year.
What makes this holiday so dangerous?
Reasons Why Thanksgiving Is the Most Dangerous Holiday for Driving:
- The number of vehicles on the roads goes way up during the Thanksgiving holiday
- The number of intoxicated drivers also goes way up
- Cell phone technology is an ever-present problem – distracting drivers when they can least afford to have their eyes off the road
- Weather conditions this time of year combined with high traffic levels can make car crashes more likely
So what can you do?
First of all – expect to see more state police. State police from all six New England states are combining resources in a joint effort called CARE (combined accident reduction effort). Troopers from all six New England states are taking part in this effort and they are watching for people who are texting, who are dangerously driving and who are driving under the influence.
To keep your family safe from a car accident, consider these steps:
- Do not drink and drive – ever
- If you are planning on drinking – choose a designated driver who will not drink
- Don’t drive on Thanksgiving more than necessary – as the number of intoxicated drivers will be higher than average – particularly Thanksgiving evening
- Please put your cell phone away – stay focused on the challenges of the road
- Avoid excessive speeds
If you or a member of your family are ever the victims of a car accident in Connecticut, it is important to gather all the information you can and then call a qualified Connecticut car accident lawyer. A knowledgeable Connecticut car accident lawyer can help to ensure that your rights are protected.
RisCassi & Davis has handled thousands of car accident cases over our more than 55 years serving the people of Connecticut. Our Connecticut car accident lawyers have received local and national recognition for our handling of car accident cases including:
- Top listing in “The Best Lawyers in America” and “Best Law Firms” and more….. To learn about our other honors and awards, click here.
If you would like a free consultation with a Connecticut car accident lawyer, contact us today. There is no obligation of any kind.
All of us at RisCassi & Davis wish you a healthy and happy holiday season with your family and friends. Please drive safely.