Few things are as much fun or as good for you as riding a bike. The great challenge isstaying safe and avoiding bike accidents on our busy roads. Each year some 500,000 people are treated in Emergency Rooms in the U.S. for bike related injuries.
There are certain things you can do to keep yourself safe while riding.
How To Stay Safe While Cycling:
- Always wear a helmet! Head injuries to cyclists are a leading cause of death.
- Make sure you are highly visible. Avoid clothing that blends with the environment. Bright or bright reflective clothing is best.
- If you must ride at dusk or dawn, consider using one or more small clip on strobe light / safety light. They help make you and the bike more visible.
- Carefully choose when you ride. Whenever possible – avoid those times when car traffic is at high levels.
- If possible – avoid population dense areas when riding. Fewer people means fewer cars.
- Use great care on roads that need repair or have lots of sand on the shoulders.
- Always check your bike before riding. Pay particular attention to your tires and your brakes. Also make sure your axles are properly locked to the frame of the bike.
- Watch for blind turns. Cars traveling quickly may have trouble seeing you.
- And be on the lookout for drivers who are distracted – by other passengers, cell phones or other things.
If you or a loved one is ever injured in a bike accident in Connecticut – always seek expert legal advice to protect yourself and your loved ones. And choose a Hartford accident lawyer carefully.
RisCassi & Davis has protected the rights of the seriously injured for more than 55 years and we are committed to the cycling community and those injured in bike accidents. What’s more, our Hartford accident lawyers have received local and national recognition for our handling of injury cases including:
- Listing in “The Best Lawyers in America” and “Best Law Firms”
- Admission of five of our personal injury lawyers as members in the very prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. The American College is a professional society of Fellows who become members only by invitation, with admission limited to experienced, outstanding trial lawyers who are unquestionably and eminently qualified as actively engaged trial lawyers. Only 1% of all trial lawyers in any state are offered admission as members to the College.
- Listing in New England Superlawyers published by Connecticut Magazine. Less than 5% of attorneys in the New England states receive this honor
- Lifetime Achievement awards from the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Certification by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
The bike accident lawyers at RisCassi and Davis are committed to helping Connecticut cyclists. In fact, we are a major supporter of the Jim Calhoun Cancer Challenge Ride and Walk with many of us cycling, walking and volunteering at the event.
If you would like a free consultation about your bike accident, please contact us today. There is no obligation of any kind. We are ready to help.