Rear End Accidents
Experienced, Nationally Recognized Connecticut Auto Accident Lawyers
For over 60 years, the Connecticut auto accident lawyers at RisCassi & Davis have represented many people injured in rear end motor vehicle accidents in Connecticut. We are ready, right now, to help you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
What You’ll Get When You Work With RisCassi & Davis:
- A legal team that is nationally recognized for our work on rear end cases
- A lead attorney who will be your attorney – someone who’ll work closely with you at all times and fight hard to help you recover for your losses
- Tough, effective representation
- Unsurpassed attention to detail
- Guaranteed responsiveness
Facts About Rear End Car Accidents:
- By far the most common type of personal injury claim is the rear end collision motor vehicle accident.
- In most cases, liability is assigned to the following vehicle based on the premise it was following too closely and/or failing to keep a proper lookout. Section 14-240 of the Connecticut General Statutes, as amended through 2005, provides that “no driver of a motor vehicle shall follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having regard for the speed of such vehicles, the traffic upon and the condition of the highway and weather conditions.”
Injuries From Rear End Accidents:
Fortunately, because both cars are proceeding in the same direction, injuries in a rear-end accident are sometimes less severe than those experienced in a head-on or crossover accidents. Nevertheless, rear end collisions can cause persistent and serious injuries. Even cervical sprains and strains, (sometimes referred to as “whiplash”), a common injury in rear-end accidents, can be painful and have permanent effects.
Today’s automobile bumpers mean that some of our clients in rear-end accidents are claiming physical injuries even though their cars are relatively unscathed. Insurance adjusters are sometimes skeptical of such “minimal impact” claims but our lawyers try to work with our client’s doctors to explain to insurers, and if necessary, juries, how these injuries occur.
If you have been injured in a rear-end collision, please contact us if we can help you with your case. You may call our office at 800.344.5297 or contact us using the form on our website.
Remember, there are never legal fees of any kind unless we are successful on your behalf.
- 12/20/2016 | $7,350,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Truck accident, driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 06/09/2014 | $1,670,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Rear end collision with injuries
- 11/25/2013 | $900,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Woman suffers injury due to rear end collision
- 07/10/2014 | $872,500 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Driver struck from behind by school bus
- 03/02/2018 | $790,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Commercial vehicle rear ends truck on highway
- 07/17/2015 | $660,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Man rear-ended by tractor trailer
- 06/12/2014 | $655,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - A woman was struck from behind by a tractor trailer
- 01/29/2009 | $423,000 Verdict - Motor Vehicle Accident - Pick up truck hit by tractor trailer
- 06/28/2005 | $200,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Drunk driver