Uber & Lyft Accidents
Injured While Riding in an Uber or Lyft Car?
Uber and Lyft rides can be a convenient option for those traveling. But accidents involving these drivers do occur and when they do, you need to know your rights as a passenger or driver of another car. For more than 60 years, the attorneys at RisCassi & Davis have been assisting those injured in car accidents of every variety. We are ready, right now, to help you.
What You’ll Get When You Work With RisCassi & Davis:
- A legal team that is nationally recognized for our work on auto accident cases
- A lead attorney who will be your attorney – someone who’ll work closely with you at all times and fight hard to help you recover your losses
- Tough, effective representation
- Unsurpassed attention to detail
- Guaranteed responsiveness
What You Should Know About Uber & Lyft:
Filing an injury claim against an Uber or Lyft driver can be complicated. Here are a few things to know.
If you’re ever in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft car/driver, you likely won’t sue the ride-sharing company outright. Drivers are technically independent contractors, not employees, meaning the company can deny liability for crashes involving their drivers.
However, you do have options.
If your car is hit by an Uber or Lyft car and the driver of the Uber or Lyft car is shown on the transportation network as available to give rides, each company provides their drivers with coverage amounts of $50k injury/$100k total/$25k property but that coverage is often contingent on your personal insurance policy. This means you will have to make a claim with your personal insurance policy before Uber/Lyft’s policy would kick in.
If you’re a passenger in an active Uber or Lyft car at the time of an accident, Uber and Lyft provide $1 million in liability coverage as well as a $1 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Important Things To Remember Immediately After A Crash:
- Call 911, and then take pictures of the wreck
- Write down names, email addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses
- Write down the name of the driver if it’s not already in your phone
- Take screen shots of your Uber ride and receipt on your phone
- Contact a qualified personal injury attorney
Please contact us today if we can help you. There are never legal fees of any kind unless we are successful on your behalf.
- 08/31/2011 | $11,000,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Collision with commercial delivery truck results in brain injury
- 06/23/2016 | $7,500,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - 22-year old woman killed in crossover collision
- 09/22/2009 | $7,500,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Nursing student rendered paraplegic
- 12/20/2016 | $7,350,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Truck accident, driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 06/26/2012 | $6,500,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Death of one student, injury of many others on school bus