Nursing Home Abuse
Experienced, Nationally Recognized Connecticut Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyers
For over 60 years, the Connecticut personal injury lawyers at RisCassi & Davis have represented those injured by nursing home abuse and neglect in Connecticut. We are ready, right now, to help you receive fair compensation for any harm done.
What You’ll Get When You Work With RisCassi & Davis:
- A legal team that is nationally recognized for our work on nursing home abuse and neglect cases
- A lead attorney who will be your attorney – someone who’ll work closely with you at all times and fight hard to help you recover for your losses
- Tough, effective representation
- Unsurpassed attention to detail
- Guaranteed responsiveness
Facts About Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect:
Nursing home residents, among the most vulnerable members of our community, are entitled to proper care, dignity, and respect. Though many nursing homes do provide their residents with adequate levels of care, far too many do not.
- Profit-focused corporate chains have dominated the nursing home market for several years now.
- For-profit corporations prioritizing the bottom line over the safety and dignity of nursing home residents often leads to understaffing or inadequate staff training.
- Increasing numbers of residents and an emphasis on profits have led to a disturbing number of incidents involving neglect and abuse of seniors.
- Our regulatory and legislative bodies are struggling to cope with what has been described as an epidemic of neglect and abuse, making the civil justice system an even more important force for protecting our community.
Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect Cases Often Involve:
- Malnutrition & Dehydration
- Medication Errors
- Physical or Sexual Assault
- Physical or Chemical Restraints
- Wandering or Elopement
What You Can Expect When You Work With RisCassi & Davis:
In nursing home neglect and abuse cases, uncovering how and why a nursing home resident has been robbed of their dignity and caused to have needlessly suffered is critically important.
In a typical nursing home case, the nursing home facility or corporation will have the lion’s share of the pertinent information, especially as to what happened, when, where, and why. Sadly they will often resist producing that information when questioned.
You can be confident that RisCassi & Davis will make effective use of all Connecticut rules that require nursing homes to designate a representative to answer questions under oath about staffing levels, and staff credentials, training, rate of pay, schedules, and the facility’s practices, policies, and procedures for promoting residents’ safety or well-being.
More You Should Know About Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect:
Nursing homes often attempt to escape accountability on account of the resident’s age, life expectancy, or comorbidities.
It must be remembered that these facts do not excuse neglect or abuse. A nursing home resident’s comorbidities are their risk factors, but often not the proximate cause of the harm and certainly no excuse for neglect. Every nursing home facility, paid to protect their resident’s quality of life, must address their residents’ health problems and provide quality care. Life is precious, dignity is fundamental to our humanity, and long, productive lives are worthy of respect.
If you’ve had a loved one suffer at the hands of a Connecticut nursing home, please contact us today if we can help you with your case. You may call our office at 800.344.5297 or contact us using the form above.
Remember, there are never legal fees of any kind unless we are successful on your behalf.