Experienced, Nationally Recognized Connecticut Personal Injury Lawyers
For more than 60 years, the Connecticut personal injury lawyers at RisCassi & Davis have represented individuals who have endured sexual abuse in Connecticut. We are ready, right now, to help you receive fair compensation for any harm done.
What You’ll Get When You Work With RisCassi & Davis:
- A legal team that is nationally recognized for our work on personal injury cases
- A lead attorney who will be your attorney – someone who’ll work closely with you at all times and fight hard to help you recover for your losses
- Tough, effective representation
- Unsurpassed attention to detail
- Guaranteed responsiveness
More You Should Know about Sexual Abuse Cases:
Sexual abuse is a truly horrific act. Forty-four percent of all victims are children and eighty percent are under the age of 30.
- Survivors of sexual abuse experience a wide array of feelings including fear, guilt, and shame. And abusers have been known to tell children that the abuse is their fault as well as threaten or bribe their targets of abuse convincing them they will never be believed.
- The consequences of sexual abuse are profound. Victims often suffer very serious mental, emotional and physical damage leading to chronic depression, post traumatic stress disorder, border-line personality disorder, sleep disorders, substance abuse, eating disorders and in some cases, self harm.
- To make matters more painful, many survivors as adults find themselves in abusive, dangerous situations or relationships and women who were sexually assaulted before the age of 18 are twice as likely to report being raped as adults.
Who would abuse someone in this fashion? The perpetrators are often people of authority – doctors, priests, teachers, and family members.
Sadly, over the course of our more than 60 years as a law firm, we have seen a significant increase in the number of people who come to us for help after suffering sexual abuse and we have taken on very powerful interests on behalf of our clients.
For example, our attorneys were involved in representing people who suffered harm as children at the hands of a physician employed at a major Connecticut hospital and helped oversee litigation involving more than 100 children.
Please contact us today if we can help you with your case. You may call our office at 800.344.5297 or contact us using the form on our website.
Remember, there are never legal fees of any kind unless we are successful on your behalf.