Experienced, Nationally Recognized Connecticut Wrongful Death Attorneys
For over 60 years, the Connecticut personal injury lawyers at RisCassi & Davis have represented the estates of individuals who’ve suffered a wrongful death in Connecticut. We are ready, right now, to help you receive fair compensation for the harm done to your loved one.
What You’ll Get When You Work With RisCassi & Davis:
- A legal team that is nationally recognized for our work on wrongful death cases
- A lead attorney who will be your attorney – someone who’ll work closely with you at all times and fight hard to help you recover for your losses
- Tough, effective representation
- Unsurpassed attention to detail
- Guaranteed responsiveness
More You Should Know About Wrongful Death Cases:
RisCassi & Davis is often called on to help families who have lost a loved one assess whether there is a potential Connecticut wrongful death case for their loved one.
- If you suspect that someone may have been legally responsible for the death of a loved one, you should consult an attorney as soon as possible.
- Whether or not you have been appointed executor or administrator of an estate of someone who recently died by the Probate Court, you may have questions concerning a potential wrongful death claim.
- We are often contacted first by family members or next of kin, right after a death, before the Probate Court has even appointed any executor or administrator.
When we get requests for help on these cases, we work with loved ones, executors or administrators to gather relevant records and make an assessment as to whether there is a case that we would be willing to pursue.
Just as there are statutes of limitations for personal injury claims in Connecticut, there is also a statute of limitations for wrongful death claims, which is set forth in Section 52-555 of the General Statutes. The current limitations period requires that any wrongful death claim be brought within 2 years of the date of death.
Other Factors to Remember:
- In some circumstances, suit must be brought even sooner than two years after the date of death. As one example, a lawsuit must also be brought within five years of the act or omission complained of, even if that would make the limitations period shorter than two years from death.
- Certain claims, including, but not limited to, those against the State of Connecticut, municipalities, and other defendants, and certain statutory causes of action, including dram shop claims against liquor sellers, may have shorter limitations or notice periods.
Not all of the complexities can be covered here. The best advice is to consult a reputable attorney as soon as practicable, if you suspect that the decedent’s death was a wrongful death.
Please contact us today if we can help you with your case. You may call our office at 800.344.5297 or contact us using the form on our website.
Remember, there are never legal fees of any kind unless we are successful on your behalf.
- 11/26/2014 | $12,600,000 Settlement - Personal Injury - Injury and death damages as a result of explosion at the Kleen Energy plant
- 09/22/2009 | $8,100,000 Verdict - Medical Malpractice - Improperly performed biopsy lead to wrongful death
- 01/15/2015 | $7,290,000 Verdict - Personal Injury - DOT supervisor struck and killed while on the job
- 06/26/2012 | $6,500,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Death of one student, injury of many others on school bus
- 01/15/2015 | $5,000,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Cross-over collision and failure to diagnose in ER
- 09/14/2009 | $3,950,000 Settlement - Personal Injury - Bus strikes pedestrian
- 06/25/2018 | $3,810,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Wrongful death of 66 year old woman after motor vehicle crash
- 08/21/2009 | $3,250,000 Settlement - Personal Injury - Power plant workplace accident
- 08/19/2009 | $3,000,000 Verdict - Personal Injury - Drowning
- 03/02/2018 | $2,400,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice - Lithium toxicity leads to wrongful death
- 08/15/2009 | $2,100,000 Settlement - Personal Injury - Sledding accident fatality
- 01/22/2015 | $2,000,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice - Wrongful death
- 08/13/2009 | $1,950,000 Settlement - Personal Injury - Improperly secured load
- 08/06/2009 | $1,500,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Wrongful death
- 06/12/2013 | $950,000 Settlement - Personal Injury - 73-year old Simsbury resident struck and killed by tree
- 03/14/2009 | $600,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Meter maid struck by vehicle
- 07/03/2005 | $403,000 Verdict - Personal Injury - Jail hanging
- 07/15/2013 | Settlement - Personal Injury - Nursing home neglect