James D. Bartolini
James D. Bartolini
RisCassi & Davis
131 Oak Street
Hartford, CT 06106
(p) 860-522-1196 (f) 860-547-0181
Listed in every edition of Best Lawyers in America® since 1989-90, Jim began his career at RisCassi & Davis, P.C., when he was a student in Bill Davis’s Trial Practice class at The University of Connecticut School of Law. Jim then accepted a position as a law clerk at the firm and then began his practice here in 1975.
Building on the skills he first learned from Bill Davis, Jim has successfully tried many complicated medical malpractice and product liability cases as well as numerous motor vehicle accident cases and other personal injury claims. He has won multi-million dollar verdicts and has also achieved many such results by mediation and settlement.
- University of Connecticut School of Law – Honors
- Hartford Seminary M.A.; M.Div.
- Trinity College, B.A.
➤ Professional Achievements:
- Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Also served as Connecticut President in 2003
- Trial Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Regularly named to New England Super Lawyers and designated for inclusion as among the Top 10 Connecticut Lawyers as published in Connecticut Magazine in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Named the Best Lawyers’ 2012 Hartford Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year”
- Listed in the field of Personal Injury Litigation in The Best Lawyers in America, every year since 2002
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers. Admission is limited to experienced, outstanding trial lawyers who are unquestionably and eminently qualified as actively engaged trial lawyers. Only 1% of all trial lawyers in any state or province are offered admission as members to the College
➤ Professional Activities:
- Member of the Hartford County, Connecticut, and American Bar Associations
- Member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and former President
- Past president of both the University of Connecticut Law School Foundation and the Law School Alumni Association
- Former Editor-in-Chief of the Connecticut Bar Journal
- Former President of the Oliver Ellsworth American Inn of Court
- Former President for the Greater Hartford Legal Aid Foundation
- Former adjunct professor of law at the University of Connecticut School of Law
- $12,600,000 Settlement - Personal Injury - Injury and death damages as a result of explosion at the Kleen Energy plant
- $6,200,000 Verdict - Medical Malpractice - Misdiagnosis of infection
- $3,000,000 Verdict - Personal Injury - OSHA violation
- $1,650,000 Verdict - Medical Malpractice - Improperly prescribed medication