Eugene K. Swain
In July of 1973, while serving as an enlisted man and Russian linguist for the U.S. Army in Berlin, Germany, Eugene Swain was offered and accepted a clerk’s position at the Post Legal Office. The position was Gene’s first contact with lawyers and the law and the catalyst for his legal education and career.
Gene’s passion for the law has always been to help people injured by others. He began practicing in a small law practice in Columbus, Georgia, and then moved to Atlanta. Born and raised in Connecticut, Gene returned to his home state in 1982. For 12 years he represented injured parties while practicing in New London. He joined RisCassi & Davis in 1994.
Gene’s trial skills, understanding of his client’s needs, and his ability to grasp the “big picture” have underscored his legal career. His genuine “southern” charm has endeared him to his clients. Gene has successfully prosecuted and resolved numerous negligence cases ranging from motor vehicle collisions to complex product liability and medical malpractice cases. Among Gene’s trial accomplishments was a $10 million medical malpractice verdict rendered in 1991 in New London. At the time, this was the largest medical malpractice verdict in the state.
Gene is admitted to both the Connecticut and Rhode Island State and Federal District Court Bars.
- University of Georgia School of Law
- Former President, New London County Bar Association
- Former President of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Oliver Ellsworth American Inns of Court
- $2,000,000 Settlement - Personal Injury - Slip & Fall On Icy Stairs
- $1,000,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice - Medical negligence
- $900,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Woman suffers injury due to rear-end collision
- $775,000 Verdict - Personal Injury - Woman injured by fall from a defective stairway
- $750,000 Settlement - Personal Injury - Fall on ice