Bike AccidentsReal Lawyers. Real Results.
Connecticut Bike Accident Attorneys
The Quality Legal Counsel You Need, When You Need It Most
The most common cause of bicycle accidents involves the drivers of cars, trucks, and buses failing to see, yield or “share the road” with bicyclists. These situations often occur when drivers are distracted by activities like texting or talking on cell phones, driving while intoxicated, or simply not paying attention to the bicyclists that may be right in front of them.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries while biking, turn to our bike accident lawyers in Connecticut. We can help you seek fair compensation.
The Rights of Cyclists
Did you know that in Connecticut, car and truck drivers must stay a safe distance from all cyclists they meet on the road? Connecticut law states: “safe distance means not less than three feet when the driver of a vehicle overtakes and passes a person riding a bicycle.” Failure to do so can lead to fines. Connecticut is currently one of 22 states with this requirement.
Many of the attorneys at RisCassi & Davis, P.C. enjoy the sport of cycling. For almost a decade we have supported major Connecticut rides like the Jim Calhoun Cancer Challenge Ride – helping raise millions of dollars for the fight against cancer. We know cycling, and we understand the dangers.
How to Stay Safe While Cycling
Each year some 500,000 people are treated in Emergency Rooms in the U.S. for bike-related injuries. There are certain things you can do to keep yourself safe while riding:
- Always wear a helmet! Head injuries to cyclists are a leading cause of death.
- Make sure you are highly visible. Avoid clothing that blends with the environment. Bright or bright reflective clothing is best.
- If you must ride at dusk or dawn, consider using one or more small clip-on strobe light/safety light. They help make you and the bike more visible.
- Carefully choose when you ride. Whenever possible – avoid those times when car traffic is at high levels.
- If possible – avoid population-dense areas when riding. Fewer people means fewer cars.
- Use great care on roads that need repair or have lots of sand on the shoulders.
- Always check your bike before riding. Pay particular attention to your tires and your brakes. Also, make sure your axles are properly locked to the frame of the bike.
- Watch for blind turns. Cars traveling quickly may have trouble seeing you.
- And be on the lookout for drivers who are distracted – by other passengers, cell phones or other things.
If you or a loved one is ever injured in a bike accident in Connecticut – always seek expert legal advice to protect yourself and your loved ones. And choose a Connecticut bicycle accident lawyer carefully.
If you’ve been injured in a cycling accident, please call us at (860) 245-2412 to determine if we can help you with your case. Our Connecticut bicycle accident attorneys are committed to providing you with the care you need.
Wrongful Death $12,600,000
Truck Accident $11,000,000
Paralyzed Worker $9,000,000
Medical Malpractice $8,100,000
Automobile Accident $7,500,000
Wrongful Death $7,500,000
Truck Accident $7,350,000
Wrongful Death $7,290,000
Personal Injury $7,200,000
Personal Injury $6,500,000
Contact UsReal Lawyers. Real Results.
Use the form or call us at (860) 245-2412 to get started today.