Hartford Personal Injury Lawyers
Your Rights After a Serious Accident or Injury
When you are injured in an accident or traumatic event, your entire life can change in an instant. Not only must you deal with the physical and emotional repercussions of your injury, but you must also navigate new, unexpected financial challenges, from paying massive medical bills to managing day-to-day expenses while you are unable to return to work. At RisCassi & Davis, P.C., we understand the challenges you are facing—and we want to help.
Why Choose RisCassi & Davis, P.C.?
When you need a personal injury attorney in Hartford, turn to our team of nationally recognized trial lawyers. Since 1955, RisCassi & Davis, P.C. has been standing up for the rights of injured accident victims and their families, providing caring, personalized support and aggressive advocacy throughout the litigation process. We proudly serve clients in Hartford, as well as all of Hartford County and the entire state of Connecticut. Get in touch with us today to discuss your situation with a member of our legal team at no cost and with absolutely no obligation.
Who Can File a Personal Injury Claim?
Anyone who is injured or suffers damages due to another person or party’s negligent, reckless, or wrongful conduct may file a personal injury lawsuit and seek compensation for their losses. Most personal injury claims in Connecticut are brought on the basis of negligence, meaning the person bringing the claim (known as the “plaintiff”) must prove that the other party (known as the “defendant”) acted negligently, and this was the cause of injury.
Specifically, to bring a personal injury claim on the basis of negligence, you must prove the following elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached the duty of care
- You were injured/suffered damages
- The breach of the duty of care was the cause of your injuries/damages
In other words, if you can establish that the defendant had a legal responsibility to act reasonably to prevent others from being injured/harmed, but the defendant failed to act reasonably/acted negligently or wrongfully instead, and this was the direct or proximate cause of your injuries, you have a case. Contact our Hartford personal injury attorneys today to find out if you have a case!
What Damages Can Be Recovered?
The purpose of filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit is to recover monetary compensation for economic and non-economic losses incurred due to another’s negligent or wrongful conduct. Collectively, these losses are referred to as “damages,” and they can be both financial and intangible in nature.
While every case is unique, many individuals who file personal injury claims are able to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Medical Expenses: You can seek compensation for any medical expenses associated with your injury, including emergency medical care costs, hospital and ambulance fees, medical treatments, rehabilitation, medication, medical equipment/devices, and ongoing and future care costs.
- Lost Wages: If you lose income or miss out on wages because you are unable to work due to your injuries, you can seek compensation for these losses. Depending on your case, you may also be able to seek compensation for future lost wages and other employment-related losses, such as lost benefits.
- Pain and Suffering: In addition to economic losses (those with specific dollar values), you can seek compensation for non-economic damages, including physical pain and emotional suffering associated with the accident/your injuries. Other non-economic damages may include trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), inconvenience, disfigurement, and related hardships.
- Disability: If your injuries are so severe, you become partially or totally disabled, you can seek compensation for related losses. This includes lost future earnings you would have reasonably earned if you are unable to work or unable to work at full capacity because of your injuries, as well as lost or reduced earning ability.
- Miscellaneous Losses: Often, injured accident victims suffer an array of miscellaneous damages, such as costs associated with in-home assistance and care, modifications to a home to accommodate injuries/disabilities, counseling services and therapy, and more. You may be able to recover for these damages in your personal injury claim or lawsuit.
- Punitive Damages: Also known as exemplary damages, punitive damages are different from compensatory damages in that they are not meant to compensate victims for specific losses resulting from their injuries but, rather, are intended to punish at-fault parties. Punitive damages are available when the defendant acted with egregious negligence or wanton/willful disregard for the safety or others.
At RisCassi & Davis, P.C., our Hartford personal injury attorneys can help you understand which damages apply in your unique case. We are happy to discuss your legal rights and options during a free, confidential consultation.
How an Attorney from RisCassi & Davis, P.C. Can Help
We are proud to be one of Connecticut’s most highly recognized and respected personal injury law firms. Our personal injury lawyers in Hartford are prepared to assist you with any type of personal injury claim or related matter.
We routinely assist clients in Hartford and the surrounding areas with cases involving:
No matter how complex your case may be, our attorneys can help. While you are not required by law to hire a personal injury lawyer for your case, having an experienced legal team by your side can make all the difference in both the process and the outcome. When you choose RisCassi & Davis, P.C., we will handle every detail—from investigating your claim and gathering evidence to dealing with the insurance company and negotiating a settlement to taking your case to trial if necessary. We handle everything so you can focus on what matters most: healing.
You Pay Nothing Unless We Win Your Case
We understand that many people are concerned about the cost of hiring a personal injury lawyer in Hartford. After all, you are facing many new and unexpected financial hardships as a result of the accident, and the idea of paying for a lawyer can be overwhelming.
At RisCassi & Davis, P.C., we provide our legal services on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not collect any upfront or out-of-pocket expenses from you; instead, our attorneys only recover fees if/when they obtain a settlement or verdict for you. In the unlikely event that we do not win your case, you do not pay.
With a proven track record of success and more than half a billion dollars recovered for our clients to date, RisCassi & Davis, P.C. is the firm you can trust to help you get back on your feet. If you would like to discuss your potential case with a member of our team today, please do not hesitate to reach out and schedule a complimentary case evaluation.
$12.6 Million Wrongful Death
Injury and death damages as a result of an explosion at the Kleen Energy plant.
$11 Million Truck Accident
Collision with commercial delivery truck results in brain injury.
$9 Million Paralyzed Worker
$9,000,000 settlement for a paralyzed construction worker.
$8.1 Million Medical Malpractice
Improperly performed biopsy lead to wrongful death.
$7.5 Million Automobile Accident
Nursing student who was rendered a paraplegic as the result of a motor vehicle accident.