Distracted Driving AccidentsReal Lawyers. Real Results.
Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys in Connecticut
Were You Hurt By a Texting Driver? Get Help Now!
Distracted driving is a leading cause of car accidents in Connecticut and throughout the United States. Despite traffic laws that prohibit the use of cell phones while driving, there were still nearly 5,000 accidents attributed to distracted driving in Connecticut in 2020.
If you or a loved one were in a distracted driving accident in Connecticut, know that the car accident lawyers at RisCassi & Davis have been assisting people like you for over 60 years and we have received both state and national recognition for our work in this area, including:
- Top listing in “The Best Lawyers in America” and “Best Law Firms”
- Top listing by Martindale-Hubbell as a “New England Top Rated AV Preeminent® Law Firm.
- Admission of five of our personal injury lawyers as members in the very prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. The American College is a professional society of Fellows who become members only by invitation, with admission limited to experienced, outstanding trial lawyers who are unquestionably and eminently qualified as actively engaged trial lawyers. Only 1% of all trial lawyers in any state are offered admission as members to the College.
- Listing in New England Super Lawyers published by Connecticut Magazine. Less than 5% of attorneys in the New England states receive this honor
- Lifetime Achievement awards from the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Certification by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
If you would like to schedule a free consultation with one of our Connecticut distracted driving accident lawyers, please contact us online or call F:P:Site:Phone}.
What is Distracted Driving?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) classifies distracted driving as: (a) visual tasks, those that cause a driver to divert his or her attention from the road (e.g., checking the speedometer), (b) manual tasks, requiring a driver to remove one or both hands from the steering wheel, and (c) cognitive tasks, those that cause a driver’s mind and focus from the task of driving.
Some of the most common examples of distracted driving are:
- Cell phone use
- Eating and drinking
- Applying makeup or adjusting clothes
- Talking with friends or children
Regardless of the cause of the distracted driving accident, ultimately negligence is to blame. Let the experienced attorneys at RisCassi & Davis, P.C. fight for justice for you or a loved one after a distracted driving accident in Connecticut. We proudly serve Hartford, Avon, Middletown, and beyond.
When to Call an Attorney After a Distracted Driving Accident
If you've been hurt in any type of car accident, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention right away - the next thing you should do is call an experienced attorney.
While an attorney can help you with simple accident claims, they are most beneficial when:
- The case involves serious injuries or wrongful death
- There is complex or disputed liability
- The insurance company is offering a low-ball settlement
For over 60 years, the firm of RisCassi & Davis, P.C. has fought for the rights of injured individuals throughout Connecticut. Let us be your voice for distracted driving accident claims so that you can get the maximum compensation you are owed.
Discuss your case during a free consultation with our distracted driving accident lawyers in Connecticut. Call (860) 245-2412 to get started.
Wrongful Death $12,600,000
Truck Accident $11,000,000
Paralyzed Worker $9,000,000
Medical Malpractice $8,100,000
Automobile Accident $7,500,000
Wrongful Death $7,500,000
Truck Accident $7,350,000
Wrongful Death $7,290,000
Personal Injury $7,200,000
Personal Injury $6,500,000
Contact UsReal Lawyers. Real Results.
Use the form or call us at (860) 245-2412 to get started today.