Christopher M. Houlihan
Attorney Houlihan is a partner at RisCassi & Davis, P.C. He has proven himself to be a tireless advocate for the rights of people who have been injured through no fault of their own. Chris represents individuals who have been injured by medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, dog attacks, slip and falls, defective products, and other complex catastrophic accidents. Additionally, Chris has helped spearhead the firm’s product liability and mass tort practice.
Attorney Houlihan has obtained successful outcomes for his clients both inside and outside of the courtroom. He has represented victims of traumatic brain injuries, quadriplegia, severe orthopedic injuries, burns, scarring, sexual abuse, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, and other complex trauma. He is licensed to practice law in the state courts of Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts, as well as the Federal District Courts in each of those states.
He has tried numerous jury cases to verdict and obtained tens of millions of dollars in compensation for his clients in state and federal courts throughout southern New England. Chris has prevailed at trial for victims of motor vehicle collisions, bicycle accidents, legal malpractice, and medical malpractice.
Chris believes that a successful trial lawyer must have an unmatched understanding of both the law and the facts in every case. More importantly, he believes that it requires a level of empathy and understanding for his clients, who are often struggling with some of the most difficult and painful experiences of their lives.
Chris is a lifelong resident of Connecticut. He was raised in West Hartford and now lives in Glastonbury with his wife, two daughters, and two dogs.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, magna cum laude
- Providence College, B.S.
- Recognized as a Super Lawyers® Rising Star® in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2021 Best Lawyer® by U.S. News & World Report®
- 2015 Outstanding Young Lawyers Award, Connecticut Magazine
- Member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Current Member, Board of Governors
- Former Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee
- Member of the American Association for Justice
- Member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Advocates
- Member of the Rhode Island Association of Justice
- Member of the Hartford County Bar Association, Connecticut Bar Association, and American Bar Association
- Barrister, Oliver Ellsworth American Inn of Court