Recently named by Super Lawyers as a Top 10 Attorney in Connecticut.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Michael also raised his own family here. His roots are deep. In the practice of law spanning more than 40 years, Michael endeavors to bring his compassion, his keen understanding of the law, and his tenacious work ethic to the pursuit of a just result for those he represents. He has successfully tried dozens of court and jury trials to verdict and has appeared before the Connecticut Supreme Court and Appellate Court on many occasions. In addition to getting adequate compensation for the damages suffered by his clients, Michael has often sought to use the law to improve the lives of those in our community.
A Few of His Achievements
Michael’s experience ranges from his representation of former NBA star Manute Bol, who was almost killed while a passenger in a taxi cab operated by an intoxicated taxi driver, (that case was settled in 2007 for $1.2 million) to his representation of Ray Guillimette, one of the foremost Elvis Presley “tribute artists”, now known as “The Bionic Elvis.” Ray suffered an above-the-knee amputation of his left leg from a crash caused by a drunk driver. Additionally, he recently settled a motor vehicle accident case involving traumatic brain injury for $11 million.
He was also retained to represent the Estate of the University of Connecticut co-ed, Carlee Wines, who was struck and killed by a hit and run driver on the UConn campus in January of 2007.
In addition to getting adequate compensation for the damages suffered by his clients, Michael has sought to use the law to improve the lives of those in our community. He was instrumental in the creation of the Mark Tsvok Rehabilitation Care Center at the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center in Hartford, as a tribute to an exceptional young man who died tragically after injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident in 2004, and also in maintaining a speakers program at Mark Tsvok’s high school in West Hartford.
- University of Connecticut School of Law
- University of Connecticut, B.A. cum laude
- Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- Named the Best Lawyers’ 2014 Hartford Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year.”
- Named as a Top 10 Attorney in Connecticut and a Top 100 Attorney in New England by Connecticut Magazine and Super Lawyers in 2018.
- Listed in the field of Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability Litigation in The Best Lawyers in America, every year since 2002 and has been designated for inclusion in the publication New England Super Lawyers 2005-2018 Magazine®.
- Member of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Admission is limited to experienced, outstanding trial lawyers who are unquestionably and eminently qualified as actively engaged trial lawyers. Only 1% of all trial lawyers in any state or province are offered admission as members to the College.
- Selected as a James W. Cooper Fellow of the Hartford County Bar Foundation in 2007
- Recognized by Top Verdict for obtaining one of the Top 50 Car Accident Settlements in the Nation in the year 2018 for the case Estate of Pulver v. Dunbar.
- Member of the Hartford County, Connecticut, and American Bar Associations
- Member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, serving on the Board of Governors and on its Legislative Committee
- Associate Editor of The Forum, the legal publication of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Elected a member of the House of Delegates of the Connecticut Bar Association (1986-1992)
- Member, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Co-author of a textbook entitled, “Connecticut Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage: A Guide,” published in 1993 and now in its Fourth Edition. This textbook, written for practicing attorneys and judges, has been described by the Connecticut Supreme Court as the “leading treatise” in this area of the law.
- Author of a chapter of the Connecticut Basic Practice Manual, entitled, “Deposition, Practice and Procedure in the Federal District Court.”
- $11,000,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Collision with commercial delivery truck results in brain injury
- $7,350,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Truck accident, driver fell asleep at the wheel
- $6,000,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Crash left woman in a coma
- $5,000,000 Settlement - Motor Vehicle Accident - Cross-over collision and failure to diagnose in ER
- $4,100,000 Verdict - Medical Malpractice - Failure to monitor patient receiving lithium therapy