Patrick J. Kennedy
Patrick Kennedy, a firm partner, is a lifelong resident of Connecticut. His practice is devoted to handling cases for injured people, including medical malpractice, automobile negligence, product liability, and premises liability claims.
Since joining RisCassi & Davis, P.C., Patrick has tried numerous cases and won a number of large verdicts for his clients including several that have been reported by the Connecticut Law Tribune and the Hartford Courant. One such verdict involved a painting contractor who was injured in a construction site accident. In that case, a New London jury returned a verdict of $3 million after the insurance company offered only $150,000. In another case, a Hartford jury reached a verdict of $3.4 million for a motorcyclist struck by a UPS truck. Before trial, UPS did not make any offer to settle the case and threatened to pursue his client personally for all of the costs associated with the litigation.
Patrick has also negotiated settlements for his clients. He recently secured settlements of $1.18 million for a New Haven area man who was struck by a falling pallet at a big box store and $1.75 million for a motorcyclist who developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome following a crash in New Britain. In addition to settling many of the more common varieties of personal injury cases, Patrick has reached settlements in medical malpractice, wrongful death, products liability, and complex personal injury cases. The details of many of these cases are confidential.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, cum laude
- Connecticut College
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers. Fellowship is limited to only 500 U.S. trial attorneys under the age of 70
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Selected as a “New Leader in the Law” by the Connecticut Law Tribune
- Named the Best Lawyers’ 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” in Plaintiffs Product Liability Litigation – Hartford
- Listed in the field of Plaintiffs Product Liability Litigation and Personal Injury Litigation in Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized by New England Super Lawyers Magazine and Connecticut Magazine every year since 2010
- Member of the Hartford County, Connecticut, and American Bar Associations
- Member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, serving on the Board of Governors
- Member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association’s Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Appointed by Chief Justice of the Connecticut Supreme Court to the Legal Specialization Screening Committee
- Patrick currently resides in Cheshire with his wife and three children
- $3,400,000 Verdict - Motor Vehicle Accident - UPS Truck hits motorcyclist
- $3,100,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice - Death of child
- $3,000,000 Verdict - Personal Injury - OSHA violation
- $2,400,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice - Lithium toxicity leads to wrongful death
- $1,925,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice - Misinterpretation of brain MRI