Each year the Connecticut State Legislature looks at initiatives to improve traffic safety on our roadways. A number of bills are currently under review that may affect you.
House Bill 6021 would mandate safety inspections for cars that have logged 100,000 miles or more. The bill does not specify how the motor vehicles department should create a network of inspection locations or detail what those inspections should cost.
House Bill 6247 would require drivers 65 and older to get a vision exam when obtaining or renewing a Connecticut driver’s license.
A bill that potentially would affect all drivers is House Bill 6054. It would mandate that every driver in Connecticut get “civilian certification” in CPR before obtaining or renewing a driver’s license. The idea is intended to increase the survival rate of heart attack victims by having more of the population trained to effectively intervene, according to the proposal.
Improving the safety of our roadways should always be a high priority – we agree. However, in addition to passing new laws – the State Legislature, the Governor and municipal leaders need to make sure that our current roads and bridges are properly maintained and those dangerous areas are repaired. The last four years have been challenging fiscally – but roadway maintenance and repair must remain a top priority. Sadly, it often is not.
If you or a loved one is ever injured in a car accident in Connecticut– call us. We will help you protect your rights. The car accident lawyers at RisCassi & Davis have been helping victims of car accidents for over 65 years. What’s more, our Connecticut car accident lawyers have received local and national recognition for our handling of car accident cases including:
- Top listing in “The Best Lawyers in America” and “Best Law Firms”
- Admission of five of our personal injury lawyers as members in the very prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. The American College is a professional society of Fellows who become members only by invitation, with admission limited to experienced, outstanding trial lawyers who are unquestionably and eminently qualified as actively engaged trial lawyers. Only 1% of all trial lawyers in any state are offered admission as members to the College.
- Listing in New England Super Lawyers published by Connecticut Magazine. Less than 5% of attorneys in the New England states receive this honor
- Lifetime Achievement awards from the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Certification by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
The Connecticut car accident lawyers at RisCassi & Davis are committed to helping Connecticut drivers.
If you would like a free consultation about your car accident, please contact us today.
There is no obligation of any kind. We are ready to help.