Experienced, Nationally Recognized Connecticut Birth Injury Lawyers
Birth injuries can be among the most severe and catastrophic of all injuries. For over 60 years, the birth injury lawyers at RisCassi & Davis have represented families effected by birth injuries in Connecticut. We are ready, right now, to help your family.
What You’ll Get When Working with RisCassi & Davis:
- A legal team that is nationally recognized for our work on birth injury cases
- A lead attorney who will be your attorney – someone who’ll work closely with you at all times and fight hard to help you recover for your losses
- Tough, effective representation
- Unsurpassed attention to detail
- Guaranteed responsiveness
More You Should Know About Birth Injury Cases:
A birth injury can be among the most severe and catastrophic of all injuries. Although not all birth injuries are caused by medical malpractice, RisCassi & Davis has successfully settled or tried to verdict many birth defect cases for more than 60 years.
While some birth defects may be inherited or otherwise unavoidable, others may be the result of medical malpractice by a hospital or doctor…
- A physician or nurse may fail to properly react to signs of distress on a fetal heart monitor
- An obstetrical doctor may allow labor to become too prolonged despite evidence of stress to the baby and not commence a cesarian section in a timely manner
- An obstetrician may not take proper measures in response to diagnostic information obtained from ultrasound imaging or other prenatal tests
- And in some cases, there may be evidence that the pregnancy or birth could be expected to be a difficult one, which should have been managed by a specialist in maternal-fetal medicine
What To Expect When Working With RisCassi & Davis:
RisCassi & Davis has assessed thousands of potential birth trauma cases.
Reviewing a potential birth trauma case may involve consulting medical experts, including:
- Pediatric neurologists
We do this to obtain opinions as to whether (a) the potential defendant departed from the standard of care for his or her medical speciality; and (b) whether any such malpractice was a cause of the child’s condition.
Because these cases often require the engagement of multiple experts (an obstetrician, as to the standard of care, and a pediatrician or other physician regarding the harm caused by any negligence in the delivery or pre-natal care), it would be wise to consult an attorney as soon as possible. Additionally, Connecticut’s relatively short statute of limitations makes early contact with a lawyer a necessity.
Please contact us today if we can help you with your case. You may call our office at 800.344.5297 or fill out our contact form.
Remember, there are never legal fees of any kind unless we are successful on your behalf.
- 01/22/2015 | $6,000,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice - Birth injuries
- 04/02/2015 | $3,000,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice - Mismanaged labor & delivery resulting in stroke
- 07/01/2009 | $1,300,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice - Birth injury
- 04/02/2009 | $750,000 Verdict - Medical Malpractice - Birth injury