Insurance Claims Lawyers in Connecticut
We Have Defended Connecticut Citizens for More Than 65 Years
Our Connecticut insurance claims attorneys at RisCassi & Davis, P.C. have handled claims for benefits due under life or disability plans, as well as claims for benefits due under business or property insurance. In these claims, careful study of the insurance policy is required, and the insured must be careful to meet the requirements and conditions of the policy, insofar as possible.
We also handle certain bad faith claims against insurance companies when a failure to act in good faith towards an insured, or towards a claimant, causes harm. Such bad faith claims can sometimes arise out of the claims settlement practices of the insurance company.
For information on uninsured and underinsured motorist claims please see the separate page dedicated to motor vehicle accident claims.
Please contact our insurance claims lawyers in Connecticut today if we can help you with your case. Call (860) 245-2412 today to schedule your free initial consultation.
CT Insurance Bad Faith Lawyers
One of the most common insurance claim disputes is insurance bad faith. Insurance bad faith refers to the unethical or wrongful behavior of an insurance company towards its policyholders. It occurs when an insurance company fails to fulfill its contractual obligations, acts unfairly, or engages in deceptive practices in handling claims made by policyholders. Essentially, it involves a breach of the implied duty of good faith and fair dealing that insurers owe to their policyholders.
Examples of insurance bad faith can include:
- Unreasonable Denial of Claims: An insurer may unreasonably deny a valid claim without proper investigation or justification.
- Delaying Claims Processing: Deliberate and unjustified delays in processing or paying out claims, causing financial hardships to policyholders.
- Inadequate Investigation: Failing to conduct a thorough and timely investigation of a claim, leading to unjust denials or delayed payouts.
- Misrepresentation or Deception: Providing false or misleading information about policy terms, coverage, or claim processes to confuse or mislead policyholders.
- Lowballing Settlement Offers: Offering unreasonably low settlement amounts to policyholders in an attempt to coerce them into accepting less than they are entitled to.
- Failure to Communicate: Ignoring or not responding to policyholder communications, inquiries, or requests for information.
- Interfering with Legal Rights: Attempting to discourage policyholders from seeking legal representation or pursuing legal action for their claims.
If you believe your insurance company acted in bad faith towards you, RisCassi & Davis, P.C. is here to help! Our Connecticut insurance claim lawyers have been representing clients for over 65 years. Our experienced team of trial attorneys is not afraid to stand up to big insurance companies and fight for the benefits you are rightfully owed.
$12.6 Million Wrongful Death
Injury and death damages as a result of an explosion at the Kleen Energy plant.
$11 Million Truck Accident
Collision with commercial delivery truck results in brain injury.
$9 Million Paralyzed Worker
$9,000,000 settlement for a paralyzed construction worker.
$8.1 Million Medical Malpractice
Improperly performed biopsy lead to wrongful death.
$7.5 Million Automobile Accident
Nursing student who was rendered a paraplegic as the result of a motor vehicle accident.