Experienced, Nationally Recognized Connecticut Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyers
For over 60 years, the Connecticut car accident attorneys at RisCassi & Davis have represented many people injured in hit-and-run accidents in Connecticut. We are ready, right now, to help you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
What You’ll Get When You Work With RisCassi & Davis:
- A legal team that is nationally recognized for our work on car accident cases which include hit-and-run cases
- A lead attorney who will be your attorney – someone who’ll work closely with you at all times and fight hard to help you recover for your losses
- Tough, effective representation
- Unsurpassed attention to detail
- Guaranteed responsiveness
Key Factors in Hit-and-Run Accidents:
Hit-and-run accidents involve drivers who cause a collision and then flee the scene of the accident.
- Occasionally, a driver may ultimately be identified, and sued in a lawsuit, even if he or she fled the scene.
- In the more common situation, where the hit-and-run driver remains unidentified, you might be able to recover your losses under the uninsured motorist insurance coverage covering you, your family or the vehicle that you were occupying. Most Connecticut automobile insurance policies have defined “uninsured motorist” to include unidentified drivers.
What Happens If The Offending Driver is Never Found?
In these situations, we turn to our client’s own insurance policy to determine if there is coverage in an amount which can be accessed to provide a remedy for the losses you have suffered.
One of our partners, Michael Jainchill, is a leading legal expert on cases like these and will be part of your legal team. He is also the co-author of Connecticut Law of Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage, published by The Atlantic Law Book Company, now in its Fourth Edition. The Connecticut Supreme Court has referred to this book as the leading book in the field of uninsured and underinsured motorist law.
Unfortunately, uninsured motorists and motorists who evade responsibility are a fact of life in Connecticut. This fact is another reason to meet with your insurance advisor and review your limits on uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage to be sure that those limits provide you and your family with adequate protection.
Please contact us today if we can help you with your case. You may call our office at 800.344.5297 or contact us using the form on our website.
Remember, there are never legal fees of any kind unless we are successful on your behalf.